Historically if you integrated Google Assistant with Home Assistant every time you asked "Hey Google, switch the light off" your Google device would do this:
"Hey Google" > Google Cloud > Public Internet > Home Assistant
We want it to do this:
"Hey Google" > Home Assistant
Assuming you already have the
google_assistant: integration setup
- Open the project you created in the Actions on Google console.
Developon the top of the page, then click
Actionslocated in the hamburger menu on the top left.
app.jsfrom here for both Node and Chrome by clicking the
- Add device scan configuration:
+ New scan configif no configuration exists
MDNS service nameto
Add field, then under
Select a fieldchoose
- Enter a new
Valuefield set to
- Check the box
Support local queryunder
- Either wait for 30 minutes, or restart all your Google Assistant devices.
- Restart Home Assistant Core.
- With a Google Assistant device, try saying “OK Google, sync my devices.” This can be helpful to avoid issues, especially if you are enabling local fulfillment sometime after adding cloud Google Assistant support.
Alternatively, Home Assistant Cloud will configure this all for you automatically